Friday, February 1, 2008

27 Dresses

Okay, so this is my first stab at an official blog, so please...be gentle.


I dragged my skeptical boyfriend to see 27 Dresses the other night. He only accepted because, "Katherine Heigl is hot!" Her hotness aside, I do really like her (and her husband - who is amazing live, if you ever get a chance to see him, do it) and Knocked Up was probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, it was cute. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars - definitely worth the $12 to see in theaters. By far my favorite part was when Jane and Kevin got sloshed at some random dive bar in the burbs and started singing Benny and the Jets on top of the bar. - Ba-ba-ba-Benny and the Jets!

One comment I would like to make to movie producers out there - stop trying to make gorgeous actresses "more plain" or "less attractive" by slapping on some brown hair dye. What does that say to all the brunettes in the world? That blonds are more attractive? In no way is that true. Not to mention that regardless of your attemps to "dull" KH, she was in every way, more beautiful than her "hotter" blonde sister, Tess. So cut the old adage already.

Oh a lighter note, I highly urge you all to see 27 Dresses, especially if you are in the mood for a light and funny chick flick accompanied by some high end eye candy. Also, if you are bored, check out their website: http://www.27dressesthemovie.com/. They have a cute section where you can create gorgeous or completely hideous bridesmaid dresses - the choices is yours.

Enjoy!

No comments: