Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Angels & Demons

Columbia Pictures and theCryptex.com are announcing that Ron Howard will begin shooting Angels & Demons (Dan Brown's best work - in my opinion) in February. Unfortunately, since Ron Howard is directing...Tom Hanks will still be playing Robert Langdon.


Don't get me wrong, Tom Hanks is the male version of America's Sweetheart and everyone love him. But anyone who has read The da Vinci Code or Angels & Demons (I hope) will agree with me that he is NOT the right fit for Robert Langdon. Robert Langdon is described (more thoroughly) in Angels as a 40 something, handsome, athletic, ex-collegiate swimmer along with many other enticing descriptors. Does that sound like Tom Hanks to you? Definitely not.

Don't worry about me, I'll get over it. I will most definitely rush to the theaters to see it when it comes out (speculation is the summer of 2009). But do yourselves a favor. READ THE BOOK! As I mentioned earlier, it is, in my opinion Dan Brown's best work to date - we'll see if that changes after the release of his much anticipated next book The Solomon Key (no word on a release date). But seriously folks, please read this book. If you haven't read The Code, by all means, read that along with all of Mr. Brown's other works, but if you have limited time or just don't like reading all that much and only want to read one, read Angels. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Pixie said...

What, you don't wanna do it with Tom Hanks? Hahah