Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Start Your Engines!

After an extended hiatus (and 2 lay-offs) I’ve decided (with a little help from Jenn) to start up my blog again. I should have quite a bit to write about since my last post and I will do my best to keep the updates as regular as possible.

So I’ve found my new favorite show (with some more help from Jenn) and I highly recommend it. If you like any combination of the following: bad reality TV, drag queens, crazy costumes, lipsynching, random celebrity guest judges and awful sexual puns, you MUST tune in to Ru Paul’s Drag Race! The show can be found on the Logo Channel and for those of you with a DVR and or Comcast OnDemand, you are in luck!

Photobucket

Drag Race is America’s Next Top Model on Acid. Imagine…if you dare, soft focus, dim lighting, bad disco music, Rue Paul NOT in drag, Santino (from Project Runway)…it is what ANTM should have been. And Tyra WISHES she had some of the great one-liners that Ru Paul has! “The time has come to lipsynch for your life!” – when contestants find themselves in the bottom 2, they each have to lipsynch the same song and whoever impresses the judges the most is safe. “Shantay, you stay” – that is for the winner in the bottom 2 contestants. “Sashay away” – that one is for the loser who is sent packing. And my favorite “And remember, don’t f*$#% it up!” – Ru says that little gem after giving the queens their challenge.

Its not too late to tune in as there are still 3 lovely ladies left, and thanks to the magic of TV and the Internet, all previous 6 episodes can be found online or OnDemand.

May the best woman WIN!

No comments: